At Spire Norwich Hospital we understand sports injuries can be debilitating and recover times can be lengthy and frustrating. Our Sports Injuries Centre offers high standards of care and attention which are reflected in the expertise and treatment provided by our specialist physiotherapists.
Fast assessment, rapid access to diagnostic facilities and referral to a consultant if necessary.
Our centre provides:
- rapid assessment for clear diagnosis
- analysis of recurring injuries
- orthotic service for specialist foot orthoses and knee braces
- practical advice on the continuation of training or rest periods required
- comprehensive recovery programme
- gym-based rehabilitation
- no waiting lists
- treatment for all, insured or self-funding
At our Sports Injuries Centre we provide a highly specialised service to individuals at all levels of recreational and professional sports. We regularly treat athletes of all abilities, from the age of 12*, and are experienced in treating injuries from a variety of disciplines, such as athletics, cycling, football, rugby and racquet sports.
- At your first appointment a detailed history will be taken, followed by a thorough assessment of your condition. This enables your physiotherapist to establish your baseline function, from which they can measure your improvement.
- You will receive expert advice and treatment with a personal programme tailored to your needs.
- Your physiotherapist can also refer you to a consultant and arrange access, when necessary, to our diagnostic facilities including X-ray, ultrasound, MRI and CT scanning.
- Your physiotherapist can liaise with your GP or consultant and provide a detailed discharge summary at the end of your treatment.
Our aim is to return you to normal fitness as quickly as possible by providing a recovery programme tailored to your individual needs. We commit to explaining medical matters in straightforward, understandable language and without using technical terms or jargon.
Conditions treated include:
- frozen shoulder
- low back pain
- post-operative conditions
- shin splints
- sports injuries
- tennis elbow
- joint conditions
- muscle strains and tears
- repetitive strain injuries
- spinal conditions
- tendon pain e.g. Achilles tendon
The Sports Injuries Centre is open to all, not just those with private medical insurance. If you are not insured, please contact our physiotherapy department on 01603 255 587 and we will be happy to advise you of the costs of your treatment.
For further information on the Sports Injury Centre at Spire Norwich Hospital, or to make an appointment, please call 01603 255 587 or complete the enquiry form on the right-hand side of this page.
*For children aged 12 - 16 years a referral letter from a specialist consultant is required prior to an appointment being arranged.