At Spire Norwich Hospital our catering team provide fresh, homemade meals for every patient, every meal time, every day. During your stay with us, you'll meet one of our dedicated team to ensure you receive your favourite dish from what we have to offer.
You can forget the old tales of "hospital food" when coming to Spire Norwich Hospital
Our Exceptional Service
- In addition to the Spire Healthcare Menu, our team also prepare a variety of specials including vegetarian choices, daily meat or fish specials and a dessert of the day
- We also have a dedicated menu for patients having day care procedures
- Afternoon tea and homemade cakes will be served to you daily
- A small range of alcoholic beverages can be made available (with the consent of your medical team)
- Our friendly and caring team of hostess staff will personally take each meal order from you, giving you the opportunity to discuss your personal meal requirements
- All dietary requirements and allergies are catered for, as well as big and small appetites
- We also welcome visitors and have a visitor's menu available all day, every day. Visitors may also wish to peruse lunch or specials menus and talk to one of our hostesses to arrange a request
- Our team of five trained chef's have all attained qualifications in Supervising Food Safety in Catering, so you can rest assured that your food has been prepared by fully qualified chefs in a clean and hygienic environment
Our mission is to provide you with hotel quality food in relaxed and comfortable surroundings, to ensure you have an enjoyable menu experience and to make your stay as pleasant as possible.
At Spire Norwich Hospital we believe fresh food, prepared on site, is the best way to aid recovery. We aim to provide our patients with healthy nutritious food, presented in an attractive and appealing way.
Full of flavour and healthy too
We aim to make our food tasty as well as healthy by using a variety of different methods:
- healthier oils rather than saturated fats
- vegetables steamed to maintain their water soluble vitamins
- vegetables cooked 'al dente' to ensure optimum nutrition
- twice weekly offerings of oily fish on our specials menu, high in omega 3 and protein
As a hospital we realise many of our patients may require special diets and we frequently accommodate patients with the following dietary needs:
- ovo-lacto vegetarians
- gluten free/coeliac
- lactose free
As part of our ongoing commitment to the care of our patients, one of our chef's has recently completed a Diploma in Diet and Nutrition and is working closely with the team to continually improve the nutritional value of the food we offer.
So, when you or a loved-one has a visit planned to Spire Norwich Hospital you can rest assured that the quality and taste of our food will be just as high as the standard of our healthcare services.