I hold dual accreditation as a Consultant Paediatrician and Consultant Paediatric Endocrinologist based in Southport and Ormskirk NHS Trust. I am an Honorary Senior Lecturer in the Department of Women’s and Children’s Health, Institute of Translational Medicine, University of Liverpool. I am also Clinical Director of Paediatrics and I lead the Paediatric Endocrine and Diabetes service in the Trust. I am the Chair of the North West Paediatric Diabetes Network, Chair of UK Association of Children’s Diabetes Clinician and Royal College CSAC Training Advisor for Endocrinology and Diabetes.
I am the Editor-in-Chief of Edorium Journal of Endocrinology, Associate Editor of Journal of Paediatric Diseases and I serve on the Editorial Boards for Journal of Pediatric Sciences, International Journal of Paediatrics and Child Health, International Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, Austin Diabetes Research, Henry Journal of Perinatology and Paediatrics and WebMed Plus, the Advisory Board for WebMed Central, the Reviewer Board for the Journal of Pediatric Biochemistry, Pediatric Oncall and the American Journal of Clinical Medicine Research.
I am a regular invited referee for many high impact journals. I believe that research and continuing medical education is important in ensuring quality of care and have held over £300,000 in research grants. I am actively involved in education of doctors, development of national paediatric training and policies in endocrine and diabetes.
I am an opinion leader and have published extensively with over 90+ publications (43 peer reviewed research papers; 40 of which are first/senior author papers) including three Cochrane reviews, a book chapter, 100+ presentations at international scientific meetings, and presented at more than 100 meetings locally and abroad.
I currently serve on several committees/ working groups nationally, regionally and locally and am clinical lead for multiple national award initiatives
AWARDS, GRANTS AND PRIZES
- Winner of 2015 UK Diabetes Quality in Care (QiC) Award
- Pride Award 2015 Team of the Year Southport & Ormskirk NHS Trust
- Highly Commended Diabetes Team of the Year 2015 British Medical Journal (BMJ) Awards
- Finalist HSJ Clinical Leader of the year 2015
- Finalist UK Asian Woman Achievement Award 2016
- Newborn Appeal Grant 2011
- Best Research Abstract Award 2010 BSPED UK
- Newborn Appeal Grant 2007
- Medical Research Council Fellowship grant, Medical Research Council, UK
- University Prize for Paediatrics, University of Sydney, Australia