Whether you have a recent or an ongoing foot/ankle problem, our highly experienced physiotherapists will choose a treatment which is based on your individual needs to give you optimal mobility and get you back to fitness quickly.
The foot and ankle are hugely complex joints and as they take the full weight of the body, they are prone to injury. We commonly treat a range of conditions related to foot and ankle pain. Some of which are listed below:
- Achillies tendinopathy
- Achillies tendon rupture
- Ankle sprain - inversion/eversion ankle injury
- Ankle instability
- Ankle impingement
- Broken ankle
- Ankle fracture
- Broken foot
- Metatarsal fracture
- Stress fracture of the foot and ankle
- Arthritis of the foot and ankle
- Heel pain
- Plantar fasciitis bunions
- Hallux valgus
- Post-operative foot and ankle conditions
For information on other foot and ankle conditions that we treat, please contact us on 0121 580 7131 or email Birmingham@spireperform.com.
Treatment of foot and ankle problems
At your initial consultation you will have an in-depth consultation with one of our specialist physiotherapists. Your treatment will take place at our dedicated physiotherapy centre, Perform Birmingham, and may consist of:
- Advice and education on your condition
- Swelling management
- A progressive exercise programme which may be focused on increasing range of movement, strength and balance
- A progressive loading programme
- Soft tissue massage
- Manual therapy
- Gait re-education
- Onward referral to other services as required i.e. for diagnostic investigations
- Taping rehabilitation using the onsite gym potentially including the Altar - G or Watt bike
Book an appointment or find out more
If you are paying for treatment yourself, no referral is necessary and you can contact us directly to book an appointment. If you are paying through medical insurance, you will need a referral letter from your GP or consultant before you make an appointment.
To find out more about foot or ankle problems or to book an appointment, please call 0121 580 7131 or email Birmingham@spireperform.com.