ESWT is an exciting new non-invasive procedure carried out in our out-patients department. No anaesthetic, medication or surgery is required. Once you have been referred by your GP, treatment can start almost immediately after assessment by the consultant.
New non-invasive procedure carried out in our out-patients department
The sound waves promoted during the treatment stimulate healing for many physical disorders including plantar fasciitis and achilles tendonitis. ESWT has been reviewed by NICE and its introduction at Spire Little Aston Hospital has been approved by our Medical Advisory Committee. Further details of NICE approval can be found at: www.nice.org.uk
If you have private medical insurance, speak to your insurance company, as many treatments are covered by your insurance. If you wish to pay for your own treatment we have a fixed price for a package of 3 treatments. Please contact us for prices on 0121 580 7119.
At Spire Little Aston Hospital we use the Swiss Dolorclast ESWT machine.
What’s the advantage?
- No anaesthesia
- Non invasive
- No medication
- No surgery
- Fast treatment
- Fewer complications
- Virtually painless after treatment
- Quick recovery and quick results
How does it work?
- A shockwave is generated in the hand piece
- The shockwave is delivered to the tissue via a compressed air impulse exerted by the hand piece
- The shockwave radiates out, extending to the entire area where pain occurs
- Usually no more than 3-4 sessions are needed
- No anaesthetic is required
- No surgery or other therapy is required and treatment can usually start straight away