Our service offers an empathetic, holistic and individualised approach to managing your pain.
Live the life you choose to live - your life
Helping you to help yourself
We provide you with an opportunity to discuss, set and achieve your goals in a realistic manner using a programme of specific individualised graded exercises devised and agreed by you and your physiotherapist.
We aim to help you:
- Increase activity levels
- Increase strength
- Increase confidence
- Increase fitness levels
- Increase well-being
- Increase pain control/ management
Patient centred approach
We use an evidence-based, patient centred approach to help you achieve your goals:
- Planning, pacing and reviewing your activity levels and lifestyle
- Relaxation techniques
- A series of exercises - stretches, strengthening, cardiovascular - as appropriate to your aims/goals
- Manual therapy treatment techniques including acupuncture if indicated
- Onward referral to pain consultants, orthopaedic consultants, rheumatologists and psychologists where appropriate
A thorough musculo-skeletal assessment and an understanding of your pain is crucial for us to work together to help you to control and manage your pain whilst living the life you choose to live - your life.