A service for anyone concerned about the health of their heart or the impact their lifestyle is having on their health.
Ensure your heart is in good working order
Your heart is designed to last a lifetime and everyone knows they have to do their bit to help ensure it stays in good working order, eating healthily, taking regular exercise and giving up smoking.
if you are concerned about your heart health, you will be looking for prompt, expert investigations and diagnosis, and that is exactly what you will receive at Spire Leicester Hospital.
We offer a weekly one stop cardiac clinic which aims to diagnose patients at risk of cardiac events.
Will this service benefit you?
If you have a family history of heart disease, if you sometimes feel out of breath, have any kind of discomfort in your chest or simply feel that your diet or lack of exercise is affecting your well being, then this service could offer you some insight and information on improving your health through realistic life changes.
Our range of non-invasive cardiology investigations to give you peace of mind.
- Blood tests - to assess certain levels in the blood which might show you have heart problem
- Blood pressure check
- Urine analysis - to check for diabetes
- Assessment of body mass index (BMI) - to review your weight in relation to your height
- Electrocardiogram (ECG) - to measure both the rate and electrical conduction of the heart
- Echocardiogram a specialised ultrasound scan of the heart which gives a range of information including the size and function of the heart
- Exercise ECG - to assess the blood supply to the muscle of the heart via the coronary arteries and the heart's response to exercise.
Following the tests you will have a review with a consultant cardiologist who will discuss the results with you.
If the assessment highlights any problems, further advice will be given or the neccessary referrals made to the relevant professional for further investigation or treatment.
The clinics are held on Friday afternoon and the cost is £550 which includes all tests and the consultation.
For further information about the One Stop Cardiac Clinic or to arrange an appointment please call 0116 265 3021 or complete the form on the right-hand side of this page.