I did my initial medical training in India, Rajasthan and thereafter I trained in the UK including the John Radcliff Hospital Oxford. I have done my Research and Subspecialty training in Reproductive Medicine in Leicester and am now working as a Consultant and Subspecialist in Reproductive Medicine and Surgery at University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust.
I practice evidence- based medicine and have presented and published in peer-review journals.
I am experienced in the management of:
- Infertility,advice regarding life style factors to improve conception, Male infertility, Ovulation induction treatment
- Endometriosis and pelvic pain
- Recurrent miscarriage and repeated implantation failures
- Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), hirsutism (excessive hair growth) thyroid problems, absence of periods (amenorrhoea), adolescent problems
- Laparoscopic surgery (keyhole) approach for treatment of endometriosis/ tubal surgery/ ovarian cysts/ checking for tubal patency. Hysteroscopic removal of polyps, fibroids, adhesions and septum from the womb.
- Management of heavy menstrual bleeding, fibroids and adenomysis. Performs procedures of Novasure ablation, Myosure and Hysterectomy
I also have extensive experience in Gynaecology and Early pregnancy ultrasound.
I am passionate about my work and aim to provide the highest level of individualised care to patients allowing them to make informed choices. I am well liked by patients and staff for my easy manner and communication skills.
I speak English & Hindi and understand Urdu and Gujarati.