Dr Sanem currently works as a consultant in Pain Medicine and Anaesthetics at Hull and East Yorkshire Hospital NHS Trust. He completed speciality training in anaesthesia with advanced training in management of chronic pain based at Hull, York and Leeds. Dr Sanem passed his FFPMRCA exam recognised by the Faculty of Pain Medicine (Royal College of Anaesthetists) as a benchmark qualification in pain medicine in the UK.
Dr Sanem treats patients with chronic back, neck pain, neuropathic pain, pelvic pain, headaches, musculoskeletal pain and visceral pain conditions.
He is proficient in various pain intervention techniques including:
- Fluroscopy (X-ray) guided precision diagnostic blocks
- Lumbar, Thoracic and Caudal Epidurals
- Medial branch blocks and denervation
- Facet joint injections
- Sacroiliac joint injections
- Trigger point injections
- Peripheral nerve blocks
- Sympathetic blocks
- Radiofrequency denervation techniques
- Ultrasound guided injection