Spire Hull and East Riding Hospital, has recently gained the Macmillan Quality Environment Mark (MQEM) for its oncology services.
The hospital has offered cancer services to the local community for a number of years and were honoured to receive the award from the charity, Macmillan Cancer Support.
The Macmillan Quality Environment Mark (MQEM) aims to set the highest possible standards for cancer care environments, driving forward the design and use of facilities, based on a robust understanding of the needs of people affected by cancer. The Hospital was marked against criteria which included five core principles of quality in cancer care including accessibility, privacy and dignity, comfort and well-being, choice and control and support for patients and relatives.
During the MQEM assessment, the whole oncology service was observed, from public areas such as the main reception, outpatients, imaging and physiotherapy departments, as well as private areas such as patient bedrooms, the oncology treatment suite and the changing rooms.
Facts about Spire Hull and East Riding Hospital oncology services
- Spire Hull and East Riding Hospital offers diagnostic services plus treatment including chemotherapy, surgery and immunotherapy.
- We offer services for a range of cancers including breast, bowel, prostate, bladder and gynaecological.
- Our patients have access to MRI, CT and ultrasound scanners to assist diagnosis.
- A one-stop breast clinic is available and provides a consultation and tests (including biopsy) in one visit with fast turnaround of results.
- The oncology team are available to patients 24/7.