At Spire Hartswood Hospital, Brentwood, Essex we offer a range of breast care services that patients can access if they have breast symptoms or breast disease.
These services include clinics, screening, diagnostic services and non-surgical and surgical treatment for breast disease including breast cancer.
If you are paying for your own treatment, you don't need a GP referral. If your tests and treatment are being paid by your private medical insurer, you may need a referral letter from your GP.
Integrated care for patients with breast symptoms and disease
You can expect the following breast care services from Spire Hartswood Hospital, Brentwood
- Breast surgeon consultations every day Monday to Friday
- 'Rapid results' breast clinics for patients with breast symptoms
- Mammography, breast ultrasound, biopsy, breast MRI and CT scans
- Breast cancer gene testing for BRCA1 and BRCA2 breast cancer genes in women with a strong family history of breast cancer
- Surgery for benign and malignant breast disease, including sentinel node biopsy
- Primary and secondary breast reconstruction including the 'DIEP flap' procedure
- Chemotherapy, hormone therapy, management of lymphoedema
- 24-hour patient support from specialist breast care and oncology (cancer) nurses
- Unlimited follow-up care
If you would like more information or to book an appointment call our Treatment Enquiry Adviser on 01277 266 761.