Mr Krishna Vemulapalli is an orthopaedic surgeon at Spire Roding Hospital in Redbridge, Essex and Spire Hartswood Hospital in Brentwood, Essex. He offers private foot and ankle surgery, children's orthopaedic surgery and general orthopaedic surgery in our clean and comfortable private hospitals.
After graduation, Krisha Vemulapalli started basic surgical training in Newcastle-upon-Tyne and then completed his higher surgical training at The Royal London Hospital and the Percivall Pott Rotation.
He undertook further specialist training in foot and ankle surgery at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital, and in children's orthopaedic surgery at the Royal London Hospital. He was awarded the Ilizarov Travelling Fellowship by Smith and Nephew, which took him to Kurgan in Russia.
Krishna Vemulapalli now works as a consultant orthopaedic surgeon with Barking Havering & Redbridge Hospitals NHS Trust. His NHS practice is at King George Hospital in Goodmayes and at Queen's Hospital in Romford, Essex, where he specialises in foot and ankle surgery and orthopaedic surgery for children. As well as keeping up-to-date with the latest and most effective forms of treatment in trauma and orthopaedics, he teaches surgeons in various practical orthopaedic and FRCS examination courses.He has organised several educational courses, namely
- Queens FRCS (Trauma and Orthopaedics) Clinical Course
- Ponseti Course for club feet
- Queens MRCS mock exam course
- Orthopaedic and Trauma Course for Accident and Emergency
He is passionate about teaching and was instrumental in getting Queens Hospital 'Training Hospital of the Year 2014' for Trauma and Orthopaedics in Royal London Rotation.
His teaching/training and patient care was recognised and he has won/been nominated for the following awards:
- BHR Star of the Month, December 2012
- BHR Star of the Year, 2013 (Runner up)
- Nominated for BHRT Staff Pride Award for Outstanding Patient Care, 2013
- Nominated for BHRT Staff Pride Award for Inspirational Leader, 2013
- Nominated for Trainer of the Year, Royal London Rotation, 2014
- Professional Excellence Award from Telugu NRI Forum @ British Parliament, 2014
- Winner of the Trainer of the Year 2015, Percivall Pott Rotation
- Nominated for Trainer of the Year 2015, British Orthopaedic Trainee Association
- Winner of the highly commended Clinical Supervisor of the Year, PGMDE UCL partners, 2016
- Nominated for Tainer of the Year 2016, Royal London Rotation
Although Krishna Vemulapalli manages all general trauma and orthopaedic conditions, including hip and knee surgery, his specialist interests include simple and complex adult foot and ankle surgery, and paediatric (children's) orthopaedics.
Mr Vemulapalli's approach to private practice echoes his NHS work. He offers a professional, sympathetic service and aims to provide the best possible evidence-based treatment to his patients.