Mr Joby George-Malal qualified in 1998 from Mahatma Gandhi University, India. He did his Post Graduate Orthopaedic Training at Sion (LTMMC) Hospital, Mumbai, gaining his master of Surgery degree from Mumbai University. He holds a diploma in Orthopaedics from the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Mumbai and is also a Diplomate of the National Board of Examinations, New Delhi.
He has completed a Masters degree in Health Sciences and Practice from the university of Central Lancashire. He was appointed to the Orthopaedic Higher Surgical Training programme of Mersey Deanery in 2006, gaining his FRCS (Trauma & Orthopaedics) in 2010 and was awarded the CCT in 2012.
He did his post CCT Fellowhsip in Shoulder & Elbow surgery at the world renowned Liverpool Upper Limb unit. Mr George-Malal has published and presented widely on various topics in Orthopaedics and is an invited faculty at Shoulder courses.
He specializes in disorders of the upper limb (shoulder, elbow and hand). His NHS practise is at the Bedford General Hospital.
His areas of clinical interest include:
- Arthroscopic Shoulder & Elbow surgery
- Shoulder replacements including Reverse Polarity Shoulder Replacements
- Total Elbow Replacements
- Shoulder impingement syndromes
- Acromio Clavicular joint surgery
- Recurrent Shoulder dislocations
- Rotator cuff disorders
- Frozen shoulder
- Sports injuries of Shoulder and Elbow
- Tendonitis and nerve compression syndromes of upper limb
- Dupuytren’s contracture, hand & wrist arthritis
- Complex upper limb trauma