Dr John Stephens has wide experience of all aspects of General Practice and works as a primary care physician in the private health sector within Spire Harpenden Hospital. This includes rapid access to medical care within a hospital environment, longer consultation periods and a comprehensive network of supporting consultant specialties.
He qualified in medicine from Guy's Hospital Medical School, London in 1973 and worked at Guy's and St Thomas’ Hospitals.
John Stephens has worked for over forty years as a General Practitioner, from 1973 to 2010 within the National Health Service.
He is a Freeman of the City of London, and a Fellow of the Royal Society of Medicine.
As a private GP he can offer you and your family:
- Rapid treatment of acute illnesses eg infections and flu
- Immediate referral to consultants
- Health checks and medicals
- Cancer screening, blood tests, smear tests
- Investigations including x-ray, mammography, ultrasound, MRI and CT
- Lifestyle advice
- Monitoring chronic conditions; asthma, diabetes and blood pressure
- Private prescriptions
- In-house pharmacy
- Weight management
- Cardiac investigations - referral to cardiologists for exercise ECG's, 24 hour ECG and echo-cardiogram