1. Have you or anyone in your family previously been diagnosed with varicose veins or venous reflux?
2. Do you have varicose veins which show any of the following characteristics?
- Large, bulging veins on your legs
- Swollen, red or warm to the touch
- Skin thickening or discolouration
3. Are you experiencing any of the following symptoms in your legs, ankles or feet?
- Pain (an aching or cramping feeling)
- Heaviness/ tiredness
- Burning or tingling sensations
- Tender areas around the veins
- Sores or skin ulcers near ankle
4. Have you previously had skin ulcers on the leg (or areas that were slow to heal)?
5. Have you previously tried conservative treatments without success (e.g weight loss, exercice, avoiding long periods of standing/ sitting or compression stockings)?
If you have answered YES to any of the above questions, then you could be a candidate for treatment. You should consultant your GP to learn more.