Call 01253 308 066 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Women's and Men's Health Service at Spire Fylde Coast Hospital
At Spire Fylde Coast Hospital we understand that Women's and Mens Health related issues are embarrassing and the symptoms can affect your personal life, your confidence and the overall quality of your day-to-day living.
Our service offers high standards of individual care delivered by our highly specialist physiotherapists who will assess and treat your specific needs. We recognise the sensitivity around and the importance of providing a private, discreet and relaxed environment in which women and men can seek advice and treatment. Confidentiality is assured at all times.
The service provides:
- private consultation rooms
- rapid assessment, diagnosis and treatment
- no waiting lists
- treatment for all insured or self-funding
Your first step is to visit our Specialist Physiotherapist for discreet, professional and understanding care. Your one-to-one consultation aims to ensure you receive tailored advice and treatment to address your specific condition. Our physiotherapists pride themselves on caring for their patients, not just treatment of the symptoms.
Conditions treated include:
- Stress urinary incontinence
- Urgency & urge urinary incontinence
- Mild to moderate pelvic organ prolapse
- Bowel control/ Faecal incontinence
- Puborectalis Syndrome
- Painful Intercourse/ Pelvic pain
- Post hysterectomy, pelvic floor repair and incontinence surgery.
At the Fylde coast we treat men with a variety of pelvic floor problems. We understand it may be difficult to seek treatment. Our professional and empathetic physiotherapist will help improve your quality of life. The conditions include:
- Male pelvic floor dysfunction.
- Pre-operative and post-operative urological and colorectal surgery including prostate surgery
- Bladder symptoms,
- Voiding problems,
- Bowel control
- Erectile dysfunction
Assessment and treatment
- At your first appointment a detailed medical history will be taken, followed by a thorough assessment of your condition. This enables us to establish your baseline function, from which we can measure your improvement.
- You will receive expert advice and treatment with a personal programme tailored to your needs.
- Your physiotherapist can liaise with your GP or consultant and provide them with a detailed discharge summary at the end of your treatment.
Our specialist Women's Health Physiotherapist – Victoria Walmsley- is happy to receive any specific queries you may have. Please call us on 01253 308066 and we will be happy to help.
The Women's and Men's Health Service is open to all, not just those with private medical insurance. If you are not insured, please contact our physiotherapy department on 01253 308066 and we will be happy to advise you of the costs of your treatment in advance.
For further information on the Women's and Men's Health Service at Spire Fylde Coast Hospital, or to make an appointment, please call 01253 308066