The Hand Practice is headed up by leading hand surgeons, Mr Anthony Armstrong and Mr John Dickinson, supported by a team of experts offering patients specialist treatment and advice on a wide range of hand and wrist disorders.
We are able to provide top quality, affordable patient care, from diagnosis to treatment and rehabilitation with a single point of referral, short waiting times, and with appointment and treatment times to suit the patient.
The hospital benefits from on-site X-ray, MRI, CT, ultrasound and works closely with GPs to ensure they are kept up-to-date with the very latest in treatment technology.
Conditions treated at The Hand Practice include:
- All general conditions in hand and upper limb surgery
- Acute hand trauma
- Benign and malignant tumours
- Dupuytren's contracture
- Finger joint replacement
- Ganglion and cysts
- Hand therapy
- Nerve entrapment (carpal and cubital tunnel syndrome)
- Osteoarthritis of the base of thumb
- Osteoarthritis of the wrist
- Rheumatoid arthritis of the hand and wrist
- Soft tissue trauma
- Tendon and ligament injuries (acute and chronic)
- Trigger fingers (paediatric and adult)