Based at Spire Dunedin Hospital, the Berkshire Sleep Apnoea and Respiratory Clinic, run by Consultant Respiratory Physician Dr Christopher Davies, provides expert assessment of sleep apnoea and snoring and all aspects of respiratory medicine.
The clinic offers:
- Out-patient consultations for patients with respiratory and breathing disorders
- Diagnostic sleep study facilities including assessment in your own home and an in-patient laboratory for the evaluation of the conditions of sleep disordered breathing including snoring and sleep apnoea
- Treatment of sleep apnoea with CPAP (continuous positive airway pressure) using the latest modern equipment from ResMed®
- Lung function testing including spirometry, lung volumes and gas transfer
- Medico-legal reports for patients with thoracic disorders including those with asbestos related claims
- Bronchoscopy – fibre optic examination of the airways
- In-patient care for patients needing hospitalisation for management of their illness if necessary
- Access to specialist respiratory physiotherapy for patients with respiratory disorders
We are able to provide top quality, affordable patient care, from diagnosis to treatment and rehabilitation with a single point of referral, short waiting times, and with appointment and treatment times to suit the patient.
The hospital benefits from on-site X-ray, MRI, CT, ultrasound and works closely with GPs to ensure they are kept up-to-date with the very latest in treatment technology.