Spire Dunedin Hospital works in conjunction with a team of highly skilled orthopaedic surgeons who offer a range of orthopaedic services including The Hip and Knee Clinic, a centre dedicated to the diagnosis of hip and knee injuries and disorders.
Our specialist orthopaedic surgeons are supported by a team of highly trained nursing staff, consultant radiologists and senior chartered physiotherapists.
Together we offer treatment and surgery in the following areas:
- Back/spine – from pain management techniques to more complex spinal work
(The Spinal Practice, consisting of both orthopaedic and neuro surgeons, specialises in complex spinal surgery and the treatment of spinal disorders and injuries.)
- Hip – hip replacement surgery
- Knee – for any knee problem such as ACL reconstruction, knee arthroscopy, total knee replacement or unicompartmental replacement
- Shoulder and elbow – tendon repair and transfer, shoulder and elbow replacement, ligament repair and instability treatment, growth factors injections, open and arthroscopic fracture fixation
- Trauma – all soft tissue injuries to both the upper and lower limb
We are able to provide top quality, affordable patient care, from diagnosis to treatment and rehabilitation with a single point of referral, short waiting times, and with appointment and treatment times to suit the patient.
The hospital benefits from on-site X-ray, MRI, CT, ultrasound and works closely with GPs to ensure they are kept up-to-date with the very latest in treatment technology.