Spire Dunedin Hospital's oral and maxillofacial consultants specialise in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases affecting the mouth, jaws, face and neck including a routine assessment and treatment service for common oral surgical conditions.
We are able to provide top quality, affordable patient care, from diagnosis to treatment and rehabilitation with a single-point of referral, short waiting times, and with appointment and treatment times to suit the patient.
The hospital benefits from on-site X-ray, MRI, CT, ultrasound and works closely with GPs to ensure they are kept up-to-date with the very latest in treatment technology.
Our consultants treat a range of conditions, including:
- Dentoalveolar surgery (including wisdom teeth)
- Dental implants including bone grafting and sinus augmentation
- Oro-facial reconstruction including dental and facial implants
- Facial deformity including jaw osteotomies and chin reduction/augmentation
- Salivary gland disease and tumours (benign and malignant)
- Facial pain
- Temporomandibular joint disease
- Oral and craniomaxillofacial trauma
- Facial cosmetic surgery and non-surgical procedures
- Oral and facial lesions and scars
- Lip and skin cancer
- Oral and oro-pharyngeal cancer