At Spire we are committed to working with and developing long term relationships with our suppliers. Our overall objective is to obtain the very best value from the multitude of goods and services we source in order to maintain and develop our business. 'Value' means far more than just initial purchase price and includes such considerations as quality, reliability, logistics, operating costs, maintenance requirements and supply security.
To achieve this overall 'value objective' we need to
- Ensure the goods and services we purchase are of appropriate quality and suitable for our purposes.
- Put into place and maintain commercial arrangements which ensure security of supply and guarantee delivery of necessary goods and services when and where they are required by our business.
- Develop closer working relationships with our suppliers in order to improve quality, service levels and encourage innovative product development. In addition, to minimising our impact of the environment and ensuring we are trading to ethical standards
This site aims to provide information on the categories Spire Purchasing manages as well as providing details of our standards and processes. Our policy is to acquire the products and services we need and to conduct our operations in a business-like, impartial manner.
What we Purchase
Spire Purchasing negotiates corporate contracts across a wide variety of goods and services, from prosthesis, medical surgical consumables to staff uniforms, waste management, recruitment and travel. These goods are split into the following Categories.
The Direct team cover the following:
- Prosthesis and Instrumentation
- Medical Surgical Consumables
The In-direct team cover the following:
- Relocation and HR Services
- Purchasing Cards
- Stationery and Print
- Archive and Storage
- Venue Finding
Food and Hotel Site Services
- Light Catering Equipment
- Fire Safety
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Cleaning Products
- Deep Cleaning
- Janitorial Products
- Washroom Services
- Paper Products
- Waste Management
- Staff Uniforms
Capital & Projects
- Medical Equipment
- Equipment Maintenance and Repairs
- Power Tools
How we Purchase
The range of goods and services we purchase each and every year is extensive. Not surprisingly, therefore, we adopt varying procurement approaches dependent on the nature of both the particular requirements and supply marketplace in which we are operating and which can include:
- Competitive tendering against a detailed specification
- Electronic auctions for a specified commodity
- Seeking targeted proposals from selected suppliers
- Strategic (or partnership) alliances with key suppliers.
- Benchmark evaluations
The duration of contracts or supply arrangements will vary, again dependant upon what we are buying. In any event, every 'deal' will be supported by a formal contract or agreement clearly documenting the mutually agreed specifications, terms, and conditions.