Spire Clare Park Hospital provides comprehensive breast care through Breast Practice – the one-stop breast clinic. Our team of expert breast consultants and radiologists will provide you with the highest standard of care individually tailored to meet your specific needs.
From clinical to biopsy, Call 01252 895 490 to book an appointment with our Breast Practice team
Breast Practice provides advice and cosmetic breast surgery for women who are unhappy with the shape and/or size of their breasts and wish to have surgery to change the appearance of their breasts.
Breast Practice also provides advice, support and treatment for women who are concerned with a lump, pain or changes to their breasts.
Breast Diagnostic Service
Breast cancer is the most common cancer among women in the UK with 40,000 new cases diagnosed each year. Although the number of cases is rising survival rates are also improving due to improved treatments and early detection.
Women are recommended to stay aware of the changes to their body, and if any lump, pain or other change is noticed the Breast Practice team are here to provide support, advice and treatment.
Breast Practice provides a one-stop quick and easy screening test with minimal waiting times. Patients will see a breast consultant and have an imaging or diagnostic test in the same visit. Diagnostic results should be available within 24 hours.
Patients can self-refer without a GP referral, and should a lump or other condition require treatment patients can be reassured if they wish, they can transfer to the NHS to continue their treatment without being adversely affected.
Treatments Available through Breast Practice
- Breast reduction – breast tissue is removed from the breast to relieve discomfort caused by large breasts, such as back and neck pain and rashes. Breasts do not grow back after the surgery; however they may increase in size if the individual gets pregnant or puts on weight.
- Breast enlargement/ augmentation – breast implants are surgically inserted underneath the natural breast tissue to make the breasts appear larger, fuller and firmer.
- Breast uplift/ mastopexy – the breast tissue is lifted and tightened to reshape the breasts to give a more youthful and firm appearance.
- Breast lump investigation – our Breast Practice team investigate all breast lumps. Usually breast lumps are caused by cysts, and rarely cancer. If a breast abnormality is found a biopsy investigation may be required to further assess what treatment is required. Our team in Breast Practice will support you each step of the way.
- Breast lump removal – a lumpectomy is used to remove breast lumps which do not go away on their own or cysts which keep re-occurring.
- Breast reconstruction following mastectomy - breast reconstruction surgery aims to replace the previously removed tissue to regain the original shape and appearance of the breast.
- Mammogram - mammography is a type of scanning that uses low dose x-rays to examine the breast. It is used to help identify breast cancer in its early stages as it can find cancers that are too small to feel.
- MRI - a MRI scan is a special technique that uses magnets and radio waves to produce both two and three dimensional pictures of the inside of your body. MRI can help diagnose and monitor many different medical conditions.
- Ultrasound Scans - ultrasound is used to look at the breast to identify any suspicious lumps.
Spire Clare Park Hospital is situated in beautiful countryside just outside Farnham on the Surrey/Hampshire border. It has state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment, a 0% infection rate for MRSA and C.Difficile and outstanding level of care in a calm and relaxing environment to make you feel at ease throughout your patient journey.