Spire Cheshire Hospital offers a comprehensive service for the investigation and treatment of heart conditions.
Our consultant cardiologists specialise in:
Cardiac rhythm management
Congenital heart disease
Quality, individual care
When you visit Spire Cheshire, any cardiac tests will be carried out in a calm, professional, safe and clean hospital setting. Our experienced staff will ensure that your visit with us is as comfortable and relaxed as possible and they'll be on hand to answer any questions you may have, or simply to provide you with some reassurance.
Because any potential problem with your heart are worrying, we understand that you'll want to have your results as soon as you possibly can. Once you have had your investigations, the results will be analysed and passed to your consultant.
Your consultant will then either send a full comprehensive report to your GP or arrange a further appointment with you to discuss the results, so that appropriate treatment can be planned, if necessary.
We offer a range of non-invasive cardiology investigations to give you peace of mind and assess the health of your heart. Our investigations include:
- Electrocardiogram (ECG) - Measures both the rate and the electrical conduction of the heart.
- ECG monitors - Measures the heart's electrical activity and rhythm to track changes in activity over a period of time.
- Blood pressure monitors - Records the change in blood pressure with activity by measuring your blood pressure at intervals over a period of time.
- Exercise treadmill test - (ETT) - Assesses the blood supply to the muscle of the heart via the coronary arteries, or assesses the heart's response to exercise.
- Echocardiogram - Provides a specialised ultrasound scan of the heart to give a range of information including the size, function and pressures of the heart, as well as information regarding the heart valves
- CT Angiogram - Is a specialised test of the coronary arteries under CT.
- CT coronary artery calcium scoring - This is a CT scan of the heart designed to look for calcium in your coronary arteries
Your consultant or GP may suggest one or more of these investigations, so that he/she an plan an appropriate programme of treatment
Expert care for everyone
You don't need to have private medical insurance to see a cardiologist at Spire Cheshire. However, if you have insurance, you should contact your insurer prior to your appointment to ensure you're covered for the investigation you need - you'll also need to bring your insurance details with you.