What the centre provides
At the South Wales Heart Centre we pride ourselves on providing the highest quality specialist care, from first moment you are in touch with us through to completion of your treatment. You can be sure that you will receive the highest level of care from our specialist team including:
- Your choice of consultant cardiologist or cardiac surgeon. This will be the specialist that will look after you and your care every step of the way, from consultation through to procedure and after surgery.
- State-of-the-art cardiology equipment to enable our clinical team to assess your condition thoroughly.
- In-patient blood tests and diagnostic imaging on a 24-hour basis.
A critical care team, consisting of a team of Intensive care nurses who will ensure your recovery goes as planned.
- Readily available consultants for respiratory medicine and associated specialities as well as specialist cardiac anaesthetists.
Cleanliness and Infection Control
We consider a clean environment to be the foundation upon which we deliver safe and effective clinical care, and we are committed to achieving consistently high standards of hospital cleanliness and take a leading position among healthcare providers by sharing our clinical performance figures.
- All clinical staff receive annual training in hand hygiene and we regularly measure their performance against the high standards we set.
- All our bedrooms are single ensuite rooms.
- We screen all patients who are at risk of MRSA before admission so we can take appropriate measures to minimise the risk of cross infection.
- We employ an infection control lead nurse to ensure we adhere to policies for the prevention and control of infection.
- We have three operating theatres, two are with laminar flow, an air filter system, for all major operations to minimise the risk of infection in theatre.
- We employ our own team of housekeepers to ensure the cleanliness of the whole hospital.
We demonstrate our superior service through specific standards set in two key areas.
Read more about our clinical quality
The excellent results achieved at Spire Cardiff Hospital are as a direct result of the dedication of consultants and the specialist team that work alongside them. To be part of our centre, staff must be both enthusiastic and dedicated as well as demonstrating expertise in their field. Our consultant cardiologists and surgeons have high standards to meet and have proven expertise in complex cardiac surgery and their chosen sub-speciality.
Our specialist nursing staff and cardiac physiologists work together as part of a multi disciplinary team to deliver patient-focused excellence in cardiac care.