Spire Cardiff Hospital has a number of highly experienced allergy specialists who perform allergy tests on adults each year at our hospital, and for further information visit our Allergy Desensitisation Clinic service page.
Allergies are the body’s adverse reaction to substances in our everyday environment. These reactions can be caused by a wide range of things including pollen, dust and certain foods. Common allergic reactions include hayfever, asthma and skin abnormalities.
Testing for allergies can be through taking a sample of blood to be tested in our laboratories or by a skin prick allergy test.
At Spire Healthcare we provide a wide range of allergy tests, including the following:
- Food allergy tests – including milk allergy test, wheat allergy test, nut allergy test, gluten allergy test and egg allergy test.
- Pet allergy tests – including cat allergy tests
- Asthma testing – including lung function testing, and inhaled allergen testing
- Skin allergy tests – for dermatitis and eczema
- Hayfever tests – including tree pollen and grass pollen tests
Speak to your GP if you are interesed in a referral for a private allergy test from Spire. Alternatively you can contact us for more information.