I obtained my bachelor degree in Medicine and Surgery from Leeds University and then became a Member of the Royal College of Physicians in 2001 and a Fellow in 2013.
I spent 3 years as a clinical lecturer in stroke medicine at Kings College Hospital London, where I undertook hyperacute stroke training, obtaining a CCT in Stroke Medicine.
My research interest has been in ethnic differences in cortisol secretion and their relationship to vascular impairment.
In 2009 I was appointed as a Consultant Stroke Physician in Cardiff & Vale University Health Board, where I have taken the lead to develop daily TIA clinics, early supportive discharge (ESD) and mechanical thrombectomy service for stroke patients
- Consultant Stroke Physician – Cardiff & Vale University Health Board
- Training Programme Director for Stroke in Welsh Deanery
- Chairman of the Welsh Stroke Conference
- Treasurer for Welsh Association of Stroke Physicians
- Principal Investigator of PISTE Study for UHW (Pragmatic Ischaemic Stroke Thrombectomy Evaluation)