Physiotherapy with Spire Cambridge Lea Hospital is carried out at Progress, the Cambridge Centre for Health and Performance.
Open to all, Progress offers cohesive health and performance treatments and support to everybody; from elite athletes and sports injury patients, to post-operation recovery patients, rehabilitation patients and those simply wishing to improve their health, fitness and lifestyle.
To make a physiotherapy appointment at Progress please call us on 01223 200580
The centre is led by Professor Cathy Speed, Consultant in Rheumatology, Sport and Exercise Medicine and supported by a highly experienced and recognised team of consultants and specialists.
The centre provides a wide range of treatments and services all centred around the core principle of patient health and wellbeing, including:
- Sports and exercise medicine, sports injuries, nutrition, psychology
- Physiotherapy, sports massage, pilates, acupuncture
- Podiatry, gait analysis
- Rehabilitation, spinal health, bone health, post-operation rehabilitation
- Pain management, arthritis, complex pain
- Paediatric and adolescent musculoskeletal service
The Progress physiotherapy team at Spire Cambridge Lea Hospital provide specialist, personal, professional and highly skilled private physiotherapy treatment. All our staff undertake regular continuing professional development, helping to ensure that our treatments are up to date with all the latest developments in physiotherapy practice.
The treatments we use are evidence based and are continuously updated and improved. Our services are available to everyone whether they have private medical insurance or not. If you are paying for your treatment we can often offer fixed price all inclusive packages so that there are no surprises.
At Spire Healthcare hospitals our physiotherapy patients have their musculo-skeletal conditions treated using the latest physio techniques and equipment. Our physiotherapists utilise up to date research to ensure best clinical practice and work in close liaison with consultants and GPs. This ensures that patients receive a highly focused course of treatment to suit their individual needs.
We aim to provide the best treatment and advice in order to help return you to normal fitness as soon as possible. The earlier you request an assessment for an injury or musculo-skeletal problem and receive appropriate treatment, the faster we will be able to help you resume your daily activities and sports.
Do I require a referral letter from my GP?
- For self-funding patients no referral letter is necessary
- Insured Patients do require a referral letter to be provided by your GP or consultant prior to your appointment being made
What happens at a physiotherapy appointment?
- A detailed history will be taken, followed by a thorough assessment of your condition
- You will receive expert advice and treatment and we will provide you with a personal recovery programme tailored to your needs
- With your permission our physiotherapists will liaise with your GP and provide a detailed discharge summary at the end of your treatment
- Our physiotherapists can also refer you to a consultant who can arrange diagnostic tests if necessary including X-ray, CT and MRI scanning.
To make a physiotherapy appointment simply call your local Spire hospital or complete the form on the right-hand side of this page.