Spire Cambridge Lea Hospital offers one-stop appointments for patients wishing to have cosmetic injections. All injections are performed in a hospital enviroment by expert plastic surgeons.
What is anti-wrinkle treatment by injection?
As we get older, our faces are likely to show the effects of time. Whether it is from simply laughing and frowning, or smoking and sun damage, our faces are prone to showing fine lines and wrinkles. Anti-wrinkle treatments from Spire Cosmetic Surgery aim to smooth out these facial wrinkles; helping to turn back the clock a few years.
Benefits of anti-wrinkle injections
Anti-wrinkle treatment is a popular choice for those who want to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
The benefits of having anti-wrinkle treatment are likely to differ between individuals, but may include:
- Reducing down the visible effects of aging
- Feeling as though you look younger, or closer to your actual age
- An overall improved appearance
- Greater self-esteem and self-confidence
What types of anti-wrinkle injection exist?
There are a number of different types of treatment for reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Common procedures include muscle relaxants and dermal fillers.
- Muscle Relaxants – Muscle relaxing injections use the botulinum toxin to block the nerve impulses that cause muscle contraction. They are a popular temporary non-surgical anti-wrinkle treatment. Relaxants work by blocking the nerve impulses that cause muscle contraction, leading to smoother looking skin.
- Dermal Fillers – Fillers (such as Juvéderm®) are used to plump out wrinkles and laughter lines in the face. Juvéderm® - made from hyaluronic acid (which naturally occurs in the skin) – is a non-surgical treatment frequently used for smile lines.
Both types of anti-wrinkle injections take about 15 minutes to complete, but this can vary depending on the number of wrinkles treated. Muscle relaxants generally take effect over a week or two and last three to four months, whilst dermal fillers can last for up to a year.
After the anti-wrinkle injections
As anti-wrinkle treatment by injection is a non-surgical treatment, there is virtually no recovery time after treatment, meaning you can normally fit in your injections with your day-to-day activities.
Are anti-wrinkle injections available on the NHS?
The NHS will only consider cosmetic treatment in specific circumstances, and generally this only applies to surgery. Therefore, anti-wrinkle treatment by injection will normally only be administered from a private hospital or clinic, such as Spire Healthcare.
Anti-wrinkle treatment from Spire Cosmetic Surgery
With Spire Cosmetic Surgery experienced cosmetic specialists will guide you through every step of the way. Read more about why Spire is the trusted choice for cosmetic surgery. We want you to feel in control and ultimately make the decision that is right for you. Throughout the process you will discuss the look and feel that you want to achieve and the results you can realistically expect from your treatment, as well as the associated risks and alternatives to anti-wrinkle treatment injections.
How much does anti-wrinkle treatment by injection cost?
If you would like to know the price for anti-wrinkle treatment injections simply call your preferred Spire location to speak to a cosmetic treatment adviser, send us an online enquiry or request a callback and we will be in touch.
How can I find out more about anti-wrinkle treatment by injection ?