At Spire Cambridge Lea Hospital we understand sports injuries can be debilitating and recovery times can be lengthy and frustrating. We provide first class physiotherapy as well as consultant lead care for Sports Injuries.
Sports injuries vary from sport to sport. They can be anything from contact injuries as a result of a tackle in football or road running traumas that affect the bone, to soft tissue injuries that can occur through playing tennis or through skiing. Injuries can occur during a sporting activity but may also be due to an everyday musculo-skeletal condition that requires treating.
Our service provides:
- rapid assessment for clear diagnosis
- analysis of recurring injuries
- practical advice on the continuation of training or rest periods required
- comprehensive recovery programme and rehabilitation
Who to see:
We provide a highly specialised service to individuals at all levels of recreational and professional sports.
- At your first appointment a detailed history will be taken, followed by a thorough assessment of your condition. This enables your physiotherapist to establish your baseline function, from which they can measure your improvement.
- You will receive expert advice and treatment with a personal programme tailored to your needs.
- Your physiotherapist can liaise with your GP or consultant and provide a detailed discharge summary at the end of your treatment.
Our aim is to return you to normal fitness as quickly as possible by providing a recovery programme tailored to your individual needs. We commit to explaining medical matters in straightforward, understandable language and without using technical terms or jargon.