Welcome to the website of Mr Simon Lambert, Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon.
On this website you will find a range of information relating to shoulder and elbow treatments offered by Mr Simon Lambert at Spire Bushey Hospital in Hertfordshire.
"I treat each patient with an individual approach, investing time to ensure that we get the best result possible."
Mr Simon Lambert
Mr Lambert's practice at Spire Bushey Hospital deals solely with problems of the shoulder and elbow, from sports-related injuries and fractures to degenerative conditions, including arthritis and rotator cuff dysfunction.
Mr Lambert has excellent credibility in the shoulder and elbow orthopaedic field. Since 2001 the shoulder and elbow unit at the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital has had over 15,000 referrals for orthopaedic shoulder and elbow injuries and degenerative conditions. Mr Lambert's operating statistics are reflective of his expertise and experience in this area. Based on 887 inpatient episodes at Spire Bushey Hospital, Mr Lambert's operating statistics are:
- One single (minor) return to theatre – a rate of 0.09%
- 2 re-admissions (for pain and nausea) – a rate of 0.18%
- No serious adverse events
- No escalated complaints
- No infections
Mr Lambert works closely with the physiotherapy unit at the hospital, to ensure his patients get the best result possible from their surgery.
As well as a busy private practice at Spire Bushey Hospital, Mr Lambert also operates at the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital in Stanmore, where over a four-year period he has performed over 1,500 shoulder and elbow operations.
Below is an illustrative example breakdown of Mr Lambert's 2011 operations at the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital:
- Shoulder instability = 102
- Shoulder arthroplasty procedures (primary and revision) = 94
- Rotator cuff disease (including impingement) = 96
- Fractures, fracture sequelae, and other miscellaneous conditions (including obstetric palsy) = 69
- Shoulder arthrodeses (fusions) = 12
- Elbow arthroplasty procedures (primary and revision) = 11
Due to his expertise in this area, Mr Lambert also carries out revision surgery.