Below is a list of frequently used treatments for foot and ankle problems – your surgeon will discuss your individual problem and the appropriate treatment options including physiotherapy, podiatry, guided injection therapies, shock wave treatment and surgery. In many cases surgery is the last rung on the treatment ladder and is often not required to treat your condition successfully Your consultant will discuss the potential benefits and complications of the available treatment options with you before your treatment plan is agreed.
- Electric shock wave therapy (ESWT)
- Gait analysis
- Minimally invasive forefoot surgery
- Ankle ligament reconstruction
- Minimally invasive bunion surgery including key hole surgery
- Surgery for arthritic foot and ankle joints including ankle replacement
- Toe straightening procedures
- Tendon surgery including Achilles tendon
- Mortons neuroma excision
- Fracture management including internal fixation
- Excision of ganglions and bony prominences
- Ingrowing toenail surgery
Health information fact sheets are available for specific operations to hrlp provide you with all the information you need to consider your treatment options.