At Spire Bushey Hospital the chest clinic provides daily access for patients with respiratory conditions and symptoms. Rapid access to consultant chest physicians allows early diagnosis and treatment of these disorders. Respiratory medicine encompasses numerous problems. Some of the most common benefits for patients following rapid assessment are explained below.
The chest clinic provides daily access for patients with respiratory conditions and symptoms
- Cough can be a debilitating symptom, particularly if it occurs during the night. Early investigation can often reveal a diagnosis for which immediate treatment can be successfully prescribed.
- COPD - Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease - A dedicated service for COPD with robust management plans, including the use of up to date pharmacology. Expert COPD care can reduce exacerbation rates which will alleviate the need for out of hours unscheduled care and hospitals admission. Importantly the prognosis for COPD patients is linked to exacerbation rates and individuals who have less than one excerbation a year have a significantly better outlook.
- Sleep Apnoea. Snoring and daytime sleepiness/fatigue are common and a cause of distress to patients and their families. The diagnosis of sleep apnoea can radically improve the quality of life for both a snorer and his/her partner as well as improving work and social performance.
- Allergy. The diagnosis of allergy and its appropriate management relieves the miserable syptoms due to hay fever and asthma, notwithstanding the benefits on lung function outcomes for asthmatic cases.
- Smoking Cessation. Up to date advice with respect to smoking cessation and available treatments.
- Lung Cancer. A sensitive approach to the diagnosis of lung cancer, benefitting from rapid access to CT imaging and bronchoscopy.
For further information or to make an appointment please call 020 8901 5555.