Allergies are the body’s adverse reaction to substances in our everyday environment. These reactions can be caused by a wide range of things including pollen, dust and certain foods. Common allergic reactions include hayfever, asthma and skin abnormalities.
Testing for allergies can be through taking a sample of blood to be tested in our laboratories or by a skin prick allergy test.
At Spire Healthcare we provide a wide range of allergy tests, including the following:
- Food allergy tests – including milk allergy test, wheat allergy test, nut allergy test, gluten allergy test and egg allergy test.
- Pet allergy tests – including cat allergy tests
- Asthma testing – including lung function testing, and inhaled allergen testing
- Skin allergy tests – for dermatitis and eczema
- Hayfever tests – including tree pollen and grass pollen tests
Speak to your GP if you are interesed in a referral for a private allergy test from Spire. Alternatively you can contact us for more information.