Neurophthalmic Support Clinic
This clinic provides essential neurophthalmic preoperative and postoperative assessments of patients who either have, or have developed, neurophthalmic complications as part of their neurological or neurosurgical condition.
Mr Potts has been running a specialist neuro-ophthalmic clinic at Frenchay Hospital for the past 20 years, and is now running an identical clinic at Spire Bristol's Neurosurgery and Neurology Centre of Excellence.
Patients with visual acuity and visual field problems together with patients with ocular motility disturbance/double vision from their neurological conditions can be assessed in this clinic.
Services provided and conditions seen include:
- Humphrey or Goldmann visual fields (including DVLA driving fields)
- Colour vision testing
- Orthoptic assessment with Hess chart
- Frenel prism treatment on glasses for patients with III, IV and VI nerve palsies
- Ocular support for facial palsies with tarsorrhaphies, bandage contact lenses or Botulinum toxin ptosis
- Optic disc assessment for papilloedema/pseudopapilloedema and also auto-fluorescence for optic disc drusen
- Fundoscopy for neurological/ocular inflammatory conditions, e.g. sarcoid, Wegener’s etc
- Ophthalmic assessment for myasthenia gravis and myotonic dystrophy
- Ophthalmic assessment for optic neuritis
- Assessment of low vision with appropriate CVI (Certificate of Visual Impairment) registration, partially-sighted or blind