At Spire Alexandra Hospital you can be confident that you will receive a high standard of care, in an environment which is clean and relaxing and encourages a speedy recovery. Our consultants, physiotherapists and specialist nursing staff all work together as a team to deliver expert care.
Careful control is essential to minimise the risk of infection and at Spire Alexandra Hospital we have a range of policies and procedures in place to support infection prevention and control.
- All our bedrooms are single occupancy with ensuite bathroom and toilet facilities
- We employ our own team of housekeepers to help ensure all areas of the hospital are cleaned to a high standard and staff take pride in their responsibility for the cleanliness of the hospital
- We screen all orthopaedic surgery patients prior to admission for MRSA, if this is not possible then patients will be barrier nursed until we are confident their screen is negative
- All our staff receive regular training in exceptional hand hygiene and we audit hand hygiene on a regular basis
- Entrances to every department and all patient rooms have alcohol foam for visitors / staff to use to help ensure hand hygiene standards are maintained
- We have an Infection Control Sister who checks that staff adhere to policies and procedures for the prevention and control of infection and who is supported by a consultant microbiologist and advice is available from our national lead for Infection Control for Spire Healthcare.
- Our operating theatres are equipped with laminar flow, an air filter system which reduces the risk of infection during surgery