Sports injuries vary from sport to sport. They can be anything from contact injuries as a result of a tackle in football or road running traumas that affect the bone, to soft tissue injuries that can occur through playing tennis or through skiing. Injuries can occur during a sporting activity but may also be due to an everyday musculo-skeletal condition that requires treating. Our sports injury clinic offers high standards of care, which is reflected in the treatment provided by our specialist physiotherapists and orthopaedic consultants. We offer a highly specialised service to individuals at all levels from recreational to professional and treat athletes of all abilities from the age of 12.
The clinic provides:
- Appointment times to suit your needs
- Rapid assessment, diagnosis and treatment
- Treatment without the need for a GP referral
- Treatment for all, insured or not
- Consultation with a specialist trauma orthopaedic surgeon where appropriate
- Analysis of recurring injuries
- Orthotic service for specialist foot orthoses and knee braces
- Practical advice on the continuation of training
- A comprehensive recovery programme
- Gym-orientated rehabilitation, guidance and planning
- Isokinetics – functional movement analysis (ACL reconstruction)
We also offer the following investigations: X-ray, MRI scanning and Diagnostic ultrasoundOur aim is to return you to normal fitness as quickly as possible by providing a recovery programme that is tailored to your individual needs. At your first appointment a detailed history will be taken, followed by a thorough assessment. You will receive expert advice and treatment and we will provide you with a personal recovery programme tailored to your needs. Our physiotherapists can also refer you to a consultant and can arrange access to our diagnostic facilities. Your physiotherapist can liase with your GP and provide them with a detailed discharge summary at the end of your treatment.
All treatments are led by Physiotherapy Manager Stuart Unthank SRP, MCSP, MSc and a team of chartered physiotherapists. Stuart has unique experience of working in 8 countries including USA and Europe. He was previously an army fitness instructor and a professional sports person and has also worked within Bayern Munich Football Club.
You will need to confirm whether your sports injury is covered by your medical insurance and confirm the number of sessions covered.
You may contact the sports injury clinic directly or be referred by a consultant or GP. Simply contact the department on 01634 662861 where we will be happy to arrange a suitable appointment.