Offering strength, self-esteem and quality of life to breast cancer survivors.
Spire Washington Hospital are now able to offer post-op breast cancer patients the Pink Ribbon Program which aims to improve the physical and emotional well-being of women who have had breast cancer through physical exercise. Recent studies indicate a link between moderate physical exercise and improved quality of life for breast cancer survivors. The Pink Ribbon Pilates Program is suitable whether your surgery was recent or several years ago and is suitable for all fitness levels.
Benefits of the Pink Ribbon Pilates Program may include:
- Reduced feelings of depression
- Improving self-confidence and control
- Helping to regain strength and mobility in affected shoulder and arm
- Enhancing energy levels
- Helping to control weight
- Improving sleep
- Alleviating fatigue
- Decreasing stress and tension
- Enhancing physical and mental well being
- £170 for an eight week course including course materials
- The sessions take place on a Thursday evening in the Physiotherapy gym at Spire Washington Hospital
- All classes are carried out by a breast cancer exercise specialist Physiotherapist
- All courses are led by a Certified Pink Ribbon Instructor