We aim to ensure you have all the information you require to choose Spire Cosmetic Surgery as your provider of quality cosmetic surgery.
Spire Cosmetic Surgery is part of Spire Healthcare, the second largest private hospital group with 38 hospitals in the UK and over 30 years’ experience in providing private healthcare. We have the experience and expertise to deliver high quality patient care.
The safety of our patients is our top priority. That’s why our cosmetic consultants are all on the GMC specialist register and some are members of the British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (BAAPS) and the British Association of Plastic and Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons (BAPRAS.).
We feel it is important for you to be informed of the type of care you can expect to receive during your stay with us. To ensure we can maintain these levels of clinical excellence we have the following in place:
• Our patient care is consultant led. This means you will see your consultant for your first consultation and then stay under the 24-hour care of this consultant until you are fully discharged.
• Many hospitals have a specialist cosmetic nurse.
• We continually monitor clinical performance through regular audits.
• There is a medical doctor on site 24 hours.
• Our nurse to patient ratio is very good, therefore there is always someone on hand should you need them.
• If you’re worried about anything following discharge, advice and guidance from the hospital’s clinical team is available.
• We’re local to you so you can always come back and see us if you need to.
• We strive to provide all of our patients with an elite service; all of our in-patients stay in a comfortable private room with en-suite facilities.
• You can choose when to come for your initial consultation.
• You can choose when to have surgery to fit in with your schedule – patients can usually have surgery within weeks of their consultation if they wish. Our only requirement is that you wait for minimum two weeks following your consultation before having surgery so that you can ensure you have had sufficient time to make the right choice.
We are regulated by the Care Quality Commission (CQC), Health Inspectorate Scotland (HIS) and Health Inspectorate Wales (HIW), which is a public body that sets regulations and standards to ensure we maintain clinical excellence with all our patients.
We know the decision to undergo surgery isn’t easy but at each hospital the team is there to help and support you through the decision process.
The content of this article is provided for general information only, and should not be treated as a substitute for the professional medical advice of your doctor or other healthcare professional.